Those are the words Sherryl used to described how she felt following her appointment today with her Oncology Nurse Practitioner, Nancy. Here is what she learned today:
- The tumor marker has increased to 292.
- The PET scan shows cancer spots are present in all four sections of the spine: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacrum.
- Small cancer spots are present on 2 ribs and on both lungs.
- No cancer is present in the liver or kidneys.
- Nancy stated this form of cancer is a chronic condition and, with the right treatment plan, can be controlled.
Sherryl will have two MRIs today and another on Friday. Her next appointment with her oncology team is next Tuesday when she will receive further results and then learn how her caregivers plan to proceed with treatment.
In preparing for this morning's appointment, Sherryl has readied herself over the past month to hear anything -- good news, bad news, and everything in between. Now that the results of the PET scan are known, she told us she's disappointed, but not devastated.
She also said she was very much looking forward to enjoying a mocha this afternoon but can't have one because of the two MRIs scheduled for later today. In typical RaRa fashion, she told us, "I'm fine, and I want everyone else to be fine, too."